Wednesday 12 December 2012

Cirque du Soleil Crackle!

So I went to see Cirque du Soleil's OVO in Sydney, and I decided I needed some funky nails for the night! I thought rainbow might be fun for the circus, and decided on a black crackle finish just to spice it up a little.




I used Australis Black Crackle for the crackle top coat (which I love, its surprisingly easy to work with for a fast drying crackle), and The Face Shop polishes for the base colours. From thumb to pinkie: PP401, BL602, GR502, YL702 and RD302. Such catchy names.

I didn't use a top coat, because I love the two different finishes the crackle and the colour base give off. Its difficult to see in the pictures, but in real life the crackle has a slightly matte finish while the base colours are glossy, which looks really cool. Adding top coat glosses the whole thing, and takes away from the look for me.



I apologize for the dodgy pictures - I was in a rush to get ready and leave for the show! I found it difficult to capture the colours correctly, and resorted to using two light sources in an epic rush to take pictures.

Oh and in case you were wondering - OVO was even more spectacular than I had imagined it would be. For much of the performance I had to periodically remind myself to close my damn mouth, I was literally sitting in amazement the entire time. For me, Cirque du Soleil turned back the clock to a more innocent time, when I was young and believed that anything was possible. It was funny and beautiful and mesmerizing and a joy for both my eyes and my ears.

So I suppose you could say I didn't dislike it.

No comments:

Post a Comment