Thursday 15 November 2012

Explosion Tape Mani

As soon as I saw this fantastic tutorial for an explosion designed nail over at nailside, I knew I had to give it a try! It reminds me of a cartoon style 'kaboom!' - and that appeals to my nerd side more than I can adequately express.

I love how this turned out!

I used one of my all time favourite nail colours, Bombshell by Australis - the brightest, funkiest pink I've seen so far.

For the taped explosion, I used painters tape - which I prefer over regular stationary tape, I find that my polish is far less likely to stick to it.

The black is Revlon's Black Lingerie (#919), and the silver is another one of my favourite colours, which is Revlon Top Speed in Metallic (#860).

All in all one of my most favourite manis, and a really simple and easy-to-recreate design. Will definitely be doing this one again - I received so many compliments!

No comments:

Post a Comment